Classic Cookie Taste with a Little Hop
The chocolate chirp cookie was the first product launched here at Cowboy Cricket Farms. The delectable yet classic treat turned out to be one of the best ways to get people to try crickets. Bake up a batch of home-made cookies and bring them to the next party. They disappear off the plate faster than a cricket can jump!
STEP 1: INGREDIENTS
Softened Butter - 1 Stick
Brown Sugar - 1/2 Cup
Vanilla - 1 tsp
Molasses - 2.5 TBSP
Eggs - 1
Flour - 184g (1 1/2 Cups)
Flax Seed - 2 TBSP
Cricket Powder - 3 TBSP
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Chocolate Chips - 1/2 Cup
STEP 2: MIX
- Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream Brown Sugar and butter together before adding vanilla and molasses.
- Mix well, then add and mix in eggs to wet mixture.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, flax, cricket powder, baking soda, and salt until well blended.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet mixture until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips to cookie dough and stir until just combined
STEP 3: MAKE & BAKE
- Weigh out 2 oz balls of dough to form each cookie
- Place dough balls on cookie sheet about 2” apart before flattening
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until edges are light brown.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes
Now you have those delicious cookies with a hop! Make these for all the parties you throw - they always win over the crowd!
Watch James make a huge batch of the Chocolate Chirp Cookies here at the kitchen!